Quality Representation. One Call Away.

Can I File an Expungement Case on A Youthful Offender Plea?

Depends. Did you PLEAD GUILTY to being a Youthful Offender? If so, you CANNOT EXPUNGE A YO PLEA at this time (11-9-2018) in Alabama!! If you did a diversion program and your case was DISMISSED, then you can apply for an Expungement. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE IN PLEADING GUILTY TO YO AND GETTING YOUR CASE DISMISSED AND GRANTED YO!!!!

Most courts grant YO to cases that are DISMISSED to seal the file for you. You need to get your case DISMISSED and THEN EXPUNGED so the State of Alabama acts like it "NEVER" happened.